Senior Preclinical Scientist
Location: London, U.K
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Invicro London Preclinical Biology Team, responsible for the evaluation and application of novel and established radioactive PET tracers using in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro techniques.
Invicro specializes in molecular and functional imaging studies to support novel pharmaceutical product development. The London site operates a unique preclinical and clinical imaging Centre with state-of-the-art PET and MRI technologies and is located on the Hammersmith Hospital/ Imperial College London site in West London.
The successful candidate will enjoy challenging work within a fast-paced environment; and will be motivated by Invicro’s mission to speed life-changing therapies to the public through scientific collaboration with our customers.
The role will be responsible for:
- Leading and delivering commercial and academic preclinical studies to high scientific standards and timelines.
- Collating study data and presenting results both internally and to commercial sponsors.
- Providing scientific and technical input to study design.
- Acting as lead sponsor-facing point of contact for multiple studies.
- Effective management and development of a team of Research Assistants.
We seek an individual who will have:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology).
- Previous experience working with short-lived isotopes (e.g. carbon-11, fluorine-18) and/or conventional isotopes (e.g. tritium, iodine-125).
- A working knowledge of relevant in vitro methodologies including radioligand binding, autoradiography and immunohistochemistry.
- A willingness to support/lead in vivo PET imaging and biodistribution studies.
- Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and create and implement workable solutions.
- An ability to work effectively with vision, integrity, flexibility and clear communication.
- Maintain clear and accurate records.
- An ability to organize own work, set priorities and determine requirements so multiple tasks are achieved in a fast-paced environment.
Personal Characteristics and other requirements
The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, a logical approach to problem solving and high standards of attention to detail.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Contributory Pension, Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
We ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and you can find our Privacy Notice by Clicking here.
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Imanova Limited, company registered in England and Wales, with registration number 07516277, trading as Invicro.