Senior Imaging Scientist
Location: London, U.K
Applications are invited for a Senior Imaging Scientist position to work within the Discovery Research (DR) group based in London. We are seeking a Senior Imaging Scientist to design and facilitate the execution and analysis of preclinical imaging studies as well as drive new business opportunities with existing and potential Sponsors. The individual should enjoy challenging and analytical work and be motivated by the idea that together we can accomplish great things and make a positive contribution to society through our mission.
The Senior Imaging Scientist is expected to design and facilitate the execution and analysis of preclinical imaging studies within the DR group and will also play a leading role in business development activities. The ideal candidate will have experience with pre-clinical in vivo imaging techniques including understanding of theory, familiarity with data acquisition and analysis techniques, and experience in quality control and presentation of such data. They will be expected to plan, execute and manage preclinical imaging studies across various therapeutic areas and modalities, in addition to providing guidance and support for analysis of data.
Can demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects at once. The candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately and pay strict attention to detail. They must be adaptable and capable of working and leading in a team environment. In addition, they must be able to professionally and confidently interact with customers and subcontractors, as well as prepare and deliver written and oral summaries of work. They will be highly motivated and able to deliver to defined timelines, in collaboration with colleagues from the preclinical sciences and image analysis groups.
- Manage the design, execution, analysis and reporting of pre-clinical discovery research studies whilst following the DR study workflows and ensuring collected and reported data is of high standard.
- Be the sponsor facing scientist with the responsibilities of updating the sponsor during protocol development, during key study milestones, and presenting the results.
- As the study director on multiple projects you are ultimately responsible for:
- All internal and external study related communications.
- Creating and maintaining an open and supportive internal team environment.
- Sufficient knowledge on the disease of interest, its basic biology and how the specific study fits within that field to engage in discussions with sponsor
- The integrity and quality of the data shared to the sponsor.
- Support execution of pre-clinical imaging studies across various therapeutic areas
- Support fellow Imaging Scientists in your key areas of expertise
- Interface with business development, sponsors, study managers, and laboratory staff to manage all aspects of study management from proposal to final report
- Author and review technical documents including study protocols, final reports, abstracts/manuscripts/white papers, etc.
- Represent Invicro externally in a professional manner
- Drive new business development opportunities
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Scientific/technical PhD with appropriate industry experience or Scientific/technical Masters with appropriate industry experience. PhD or MS in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, physics, chemistry or biology)
- Significant experience with small molecule radiochemistry and/or radio- or fluorescent labeling of proteins and/or MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, or other relevant imaging modality required
- Experience with the application of molecular imaging to study drug effects, biodistribution, and target engagement
- Superior skills related to teamwork, multi-tasking, and time/project management
- Ability to work quickly with strict attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability and past leadership experience in a team environment
- Ability to interact professionally and confidentially with customers and subcontractors
- Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral scientific summaries of work
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and you can find our Privacy Notice by clicking here.
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Imanova Limited, company registered in England and Wales, with registration number 07516277, trading as Invicro.