Preclinical Laboratory Assistant
Location: London, U.K
Invicro is the world’s leading translational imaging company. Based in London, Boston and New Haven, Invicro specialises in molecular and functional imaging studies to support medical and pharmaceutical research. The London site operates a unique preclinical and clinical imaging centre with state-of-the-art PET and MRI technology used to support.
We are looking for a Preclinical Laboratory Assistant who will play a key role in supporting studies and general biology team activities. This will include the evaluation and application of novel and established radioactive PET tracers using in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro techniques and methodologies. Training will be provided as part of this role.
- Preparing and assisting in the conduct of preclinical studies
- Performing regular quality control checks and setting up of equipment
- Independently performing standard procedures during preclinical PET/CT imaging studies
- Safe use of low level radioactively-labelled compound such as 18F, 11C, 3H and 14C.
- Perform basic and routine laboratory procedures including preparation of buffers, cell culture, tissue homogenisation and sectioning for radioligand binding studies.
- Maintaining accurate and current records of experimental work.
- Using appropriate computer software packages effectively to enter and support the analysis of study data.
- Undertaking general laboratory administration and support as required.
- BSc or equivalent, in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience or related discipline.
- Practical laboratory experience and experience of having worked in the preclinical field is essential.
- Holds a current/or has previously held a home office personal license (modules 1-4) is advantageous.
Personal Characteristics and competencies:
Candidates must have:
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated attitude and a willingness to expand technical skills.
- An ability to learn and follow new protocols as they become relevant for different studies.
- A desire to learn and develop knowledge/experience with in vivo and in vitro methodologies;
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Contributory Pension, Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and you can find our Privacy Notice by clicking here.
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Imanova Limited, company registered in England and Wales, with registration number 07516277, trading as Invicro.