Junior / R&D PET Radiochemist
Location: London, U.K
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Invicro London R&D Chemistry Team responsible for the development of novel PET biomarkers and their evaluation in preclinical imaging studies.
Invicro specialises in molecular and functional imaging studies to support novel pharmaceutical product development. Invicro London has two cyclotrons and 24 hot cells enabling imaging with a wide range of C11 and F18 labelled PET radiotracers and is located on the Hammersmith Hospital/ Imperial College London site in West London.
The role will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing methods or procedures to enable the use and/or characterization in preclinical species of known or novel radiopharmaceuticals/radiotracers.
- Be responsible for own work area and shared laboratories including safety of these areas.
- Writing and maintaining document records to ensure compliance with R&D and GxP standards.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A Ph.D. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, radiochemistry or related fields, with preferably prior knowledge and experience in PET radiochemistry (experience with 11C and 18F radiochemistry is preferred).
- An ability to independently plan and design own experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and create and implement workable solutions.
- An ability to organize, design and implement labelling strategies for novel and established PET ligands, including knowledge of reaction optimization, purification, development of suitable quality control procedures (e.g. HPLC, GC, LC-MS, etc), ideally knowledge of radiochemistry automation and synthesis devices with particular relevance to PET.
- An ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and to assimilate a working knowledge of areas outside of their core competency.
- Strong innovation skills to develop new approaches and can apply continuous improvement methodologies.
- An ability to work effectively with vision, integrity, flexibility and clear communication.
- Maintain clear and accurate records.
- An ability to organize own work, set priorities and determine requirements so multiple tasks are achieved in a fast-paced environment.
Personal Characteristics and other requirements
The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, a logical approach to problem solving and high standards of attention to detail.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Contributory Pension, Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at email@example.com.
We ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and you can find our Privacy Notice by clicking here.
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Imanova Limited, company registered in England and Wales, with registration number 07516277, trading as Invicro.